We had yet another busy time the last few weeks in Kanturk GNS. Every class has been busy preparing for our Christmas Drama Productions which will be held in the Edel Quinn Hall in December.
This week we had very special visitors - Munster Champions in fact!! Well Done to the Kanturk Premier Intermediate Team who won the Munster final! We were delighted to see them and we wish them continued success for the rest of the season ahead. #kanturkabú
Music and gymnastics lessons are continuing.
Committee Meetings for new Ideas.
Buddy system at lunch times - Juniors and Sixth. It is lots of fun!
After break/lunch activities on Wednesdays and Thursdays lead by Committee Members. See A.S. section for more info.
Projects - Travelling to Limerick very soon.
See Green Schools section for more info.
Welcome back everyone after the Halloween Holidays. We hope you all had a lovely break.
Before Halloween, students in our school did very well as always in the Credit Union Art Competition. Laura Enright (5th Class) and Orlagh Kearns(1st Class) won prizes and we are extremely proud of them. Well done to all who entered the competition!
There was also a Halloween Art and Craft Competition organised by the Green schools Committee in school. All classes took part and it was a huge success with so many fantastic and creative final products made from recyclable products. . Some of them were certainly spooky......Please see pictures below of some of the events.
Coming up this term..
- Gymnastic classes will be held for six weeks on a Friday. Cost 5 euro in total with Patsy Reilly.
- Football training with Martin Farrissey , GAA development coach, for our Junior and Senior Infants.
- Drama lessons for the up and coming Christmas performance are ongoing.
- Music classes with Jackie Bolster.
School will reopen tomorrow Weds 18th October
School closed tomorrow Monday 16th October for Health and Safety reasons due to Red Weather Warning Alert .
School will close on Thursday 19th October at 1.50pm to facilitate a staff meeting.
Well done to the Kanturk Hurling Team who won their final on Saturday night. A great achievement for Kanturk and we are all very proud of the team here in the Girls school. Looking forward to a visit from the team with the cup
Please note the following:
(1) The Rainbow Room has opened. This is a new Early Intervention ASD class for children aged 3 - 5 years of age.
We welcome our three new pupils , their teacher Margaret Ryan and SNA Helen Sexton to the Rainbow room and wish them all the best this year.
(2) There will be a clothes Recycling Collection on Thursday 26th October. We welcome all bags of recyclable clothes, linen etc.
(3) Drama has come to the Girls School. Every Thursday until the beginning of December we have a drama teacher Tess and her colleague Cerys visiting our school to work with each class towards putting on a performance in the Edel Quinn Hall on Friday 8th December. Every pupil in our school will be on stage with their class on the night. Each class is performing their own separate act and all will be revealed. Many thanks to the Parents Association and all who organised and took part in Strictly comes to Kanturk las year as the funds from this will provide free classes for our pupils each week .
A meeting about the 'Do it in Memory programme for First Communion class parents will be held in our school Wednesday 4th of October at 7.30pm. This programme is in preparation for First Communion and Parents of 2nd Class are invited to attend.
Welcome back everyone after the Summer holidays. We hope you had a happy and safe Summer. We are looking forward to the busy year ahead.
We would also like to welcome the new Junior Infants. They have been settling in well so far.
Please keep an eye out on the home page and class pages for any updates throughout the year.